Tuesday, December 27, 2011

And so it begins...

My first endeavor at blogging begins with Red Lobster.  Upon entering the establishment, I detected the pungent odor of fish.  Okay, I know - it's a seafood restaurant.  Still, I was not looking forward to smelling fish the whole time.  Fortunately, the dining area held a neutral scent.  

While I am not typically a seafood fan (by that, I mean I steer clear of "surf"), my grandma asked me to join her.  Plus, I like to try new things now and then.  I perused the menu.  I decided to try the Maple-Glazed Chicken.  I know, I know...it's not seafood.  That said, the glaze was quite tasty.  Additionally, the meal included a garden salad, wild rice pilaf, and potatoes.  The salad was fair, the rice was good, and the potatoes were okay. 

Oh, and I tried the cheese biscuits.  Of all the comments I've heard about Red Lobster, the biscuits were by far the most mentioned.  I did enjoy the flavor, although they were a little saltier than I like.  

Overall, it was a decent experience.  Three out of five stars (***).

1 comment:

  1. That's a generous rating. Red Lobster usually gets only two stars from me.

    ReplyDelete